I just switched from Movable Type to WordPress. I’ve been thinking about doing it for quite a while, and the last straw was when it started taking 10-15 seconds to post a comment. I had a little over 4,000 comments and that seemed to be too much for MT to handle.
It’s going to take a few days of tweaking before I get everything to be working again, but I believe the basic functionality of the site should be working (i.e. posting comments and reading archives).
If you do see something that isn’t working, please let me know.
I’m also going to need to figure out what to do about the old permanent links that may not be as permanent as I had hoped. You’ll notice that I’ve now moved to a format that is much more readable and can be duplicated by other blogging software in case I ever switch again.
The switch wasn’t really that bad. I ran into a few snags here and there, but I’m quite pleased that I’m using PHP for my blogging platform now because that’s what I had been using for everything else on the site.