I’m fond of trivia, and have found what I consider to be a reliable (and wonderfully entertaining) source. I would imagine others share my appreciation for trivia, so I want to share some of my favorites. Here’s the first installment.
1. The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C.
2. In 1980 the yellow pages accidentally listed a Texas funeral home under Frozen Foods.
3. The first sound recording ever made was “Mary Had a Little Lamb,” by Thomas Edison in 1877.
4. The largest painting on earth is a 72,437-square-foot smiley face.
5. There are only two places in the world where men outlive women: southern Asia and Iran.
6. Dr. Seuss coined the word “nerd” in his 1950 book If I Ran the Zoo.
7. Where does the word condom come from? Dr. Charles Condom (1630-1685)
8. The heaviest dog on record was a St. Bernard that weighed 310 pounds.
9. Traffic accidents increase by 10% in the first week of daylight saving time.
10. Iceland consumes more Coca-Cola per capita than any other nation on Earth.