winning is nice

This past Saturday kept me quite busy. I woke up at 10am and went to work (I still don’t have an internet connection at the condo) to make sure the web server was still up. After upgrading PHP and MySQL it’s been having some problems, so I need to babysit it until I figure them out. I had a basketball game at 11am where we had our first win, 51-34. As soon as I got on the court I sunk a 15-footer with nothing but net and got a rebound to put up an easy layup which tied the game. I don’t think we were ever behind after that.

I got back from the game, showered and rushed off to a friends house to watch the BYU vs. Utah basketball game and to meet some girls that were friends of his wife. The girls were really easy to get along which made it very comfortable and we had a good conversation while watching the game.

I had to leave halfway through the game to pick my brother up from the airport. We returned with the hope of seeing the end of the game but we just missed it. When I left, BYU was down by 20 and got back BYU had just won the game by 2 points. It was an exciting ending I’m told. I gave my brother a ride to his dorm in Provo and got some mail at my old condo. The post office refuses to forward it in spite of two separate forwarding requests made almost two months ago. I had about 10 minutes to rest when I got back to Sandy before it was time to go ice skating with some friends.

The rental skates had about a 1/4 inch of material between your foot and the blade so my feet were quite sore after a few minutes on the ice. In spite of the pain, I got to be quite good at doing a crossover when taking sharp turns and I worked a bit on skating backwards too. By the way, hockey skates are much preferred over figure skates. If you catch your toe, disaster can and did occur.

After skating we went to a party at a friends house and upon our arrival discovered that everyone had already eaten dinner. We promptly left the party and went to Applebees. When we got our food one of the guys who had ordered low fat quesadillas got a single piece all alone on the plate. His face was a mixture of suprise and fear that it was all he was getting. The rest of the quesadilla arrived and soothed his anguished soul.

We returned to the party and observed multipled games of twister, with two sheets to accomodate all those that wanted to play. When the twister “tournament” as it was called finally ended, we played video games, had a long game of speed Uno and some self-defense lessons. Those resulted in a number of people on the floor in spaghetti-like contortions. It was a fun day, but man was I ready for bed.

Comments are closed